- Duration: 9 week course (18 classes)
- Time: M/W 10 am - 11:30 am
- Start Date: March 27, 2023
- Cost: $760
Introduction to Programming
Audience: Upper Elementary (Ages 8 - 11)
In this 9-week Introduction to Programming course students will learn the fundamentals of the Scratch Integrated Development Environment. Students will learn basic programming rules while they develop animated stories, make music and create a game.
The simple visual interface is a great program to introduce students to the world of computer programming. Students will reinforce their computational thinking and problem solving skills while getting creative.
Scratch is a free program, which means students can take what they learn in the course and expand upon it at home.
Course curriculum includes:
- Animate name, add backdrop and visual effects
- Record a sound; change pitch and duration.
- Control a sprite
- Create a band and make music
- Develop a short story scene and animate
- Create a game
Students are required to bring a laptop to class. The computer will need:
- Windows 10 or 11 Laptop Computer
- 80 GB free space on hard drive
- I3 or better processor
- 8 GB RAM
- Optical Drive preferable, but not necessary
- atleast one working USB port
****Mac Products, Tablets, and Chromebooks will not be sufficient for this course****